To acknowledge the excellence of Pakistan's academic scholars/researchers, HEC has instituted the Outstandng Research Awards program. The Outstanding Research Awards program is to recognize and reward the achievement of Pakistani researchers/scholars for research innovation and publication in their respective fields of specialization.
The program awards individuals in the following categories every year:
|Award Category||No. of Awards / year|
| Best Research Paper*||34|
| Best Young Research Scholar||8|
| Best Book Publication||8|
*Cash award for "Best research paper" will be distributed equally among all authors of the paper.
The Awards are given for the following disciplines:
- Basic & Applied Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Pure Engineering
- Computer Science / Engineering
- Social Sciences
- Management Sciences
- Arts / Humanities / Languages
- To recognize and reward achievements in research, innovation and publication in all areas of knowledge.
- Establish a transparent, competitive and acceptable mechanism for selection.
- Accelerate research & development by motivating scholars.
- Diversify the fields of research & development by designing various rewarding categories.
Next call for applications for publications of 2015 will be announced soon.