The Higher Education Commission attests degrees/transcripts and diplomas awarded by the chartered universities/degree awarding institutions of Pakistan both in the public and private sector.
There are two ways to get your educational documents attested. Please, read carefully and understand the complete process of attestation before visiting or contacting the HEC offices/designated courier services.
All relevant information is provided on HEC website. The process and necessary requirements are explained step by step here.
Requirements for Attestation
- Create an online profile at http://das.hec.gov.pk to initiate the process for degree attestation. Completely fill-in the personal and educational details on the online profile. Incomplete information may cause you inconvenience at later stage.
- Reserve an available date for attestation at a HEC office location of your choice.
- In case, you are unable to find a suitable date, you can also visit the HEC offices at Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Karachi and Quetta to avail the limited daily tokens for attestation services. For details on how to avail the daily tokens, please visit Attestation through Walk-In.
- In case, you want to process the attestation through courier service, please select the option of courier service in the online form. Print out the form and visit the designated courier office. For further details, please visit Attestation through Courier Service.
- Please bring all the original documents including degrees, transcripts and certificates from Matriculation onwards up till the degree level you want to attest. In case of courier service, please submit the original documents at courier service centre. Without the following Original Documents, your case will not be processed for attestation:-
- Matric certificate (Sanad)/Equivalent level certificate issued by IBCC along with its certificates.
- Intermediate certificate (Sanad)/Equivalent level certificate issued by IBCC along with its certificates.
- Bachelor degree along with DMCs/Transcripts. In case of foreign qualification, please provide the equivalent level degree certificate issued by the Equivalence Section of Higher Education Commission.
- Master degree along with DMCs/Transcripts. In case of foreign qualification, please provide the equivalent level degree certificate issued by the Equivalence Section of Higher Education Commission.
- MS/MPhil degree along with DMCs/Transcripts. In case of foreign qualification, please provide the equivalent level degree certificate issued by the Equivalence Section of Higher Education Commission.
- PhD degree along with DMCs/Transcripts. In case of foreign qualification, please provide equivalent level degree certificate issued by the Equivalence Section of Higher Education Commission.
- Please, bring a set of photocopies of all above listed documents for HEC record.
- A clearly visible copy of Computerized National Identity Card/Passport (in case of Foreign National) is mandatory to provide.
- The attestation fee for each Original document is Rs. 800 and for each Photocopy is Rs. 500.
- Walk-In applicants will deposit fee at cash counter of chosen HEC office on the day of attestation.
- Applicants getting attestation through authorized domestic courier service will deposit fee at the designated courier service centre.
- International applicants will pay the attestation fee through cross check in favor of Gerry's International (Pvt), Islamabad.
- The Higher Education Commission will only attest transcripts issued in the last three years from the date of declaration of result. In case, the three years duration has lapsed, the provision of original degree is mandatory for attestation of transcript.
- In case a degree has not been issued, the detailed marks certificate/transcript must be verified by the designated Controller of Examinations of the concerned university. Moreover, a verification letter from the Controller of Examinations of the concerned university should be attached for HEC record purpose.
- The applicant name, father's name and date of birth should exactly match all degrees & transcripts, Matric and Intermediate level qualifications and CNIC/Passport.
- In case, the documents are being submitted for attestation by a person other than the degree holder, the authority letter for the authorized person is required. Moreover, the copy of the Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) of the Authorized person is also required.
- For attestation of "Shahadatul Almiya fil Uloomm al Arabia wal Islamia" please enter particulars of Middle, Aama, Khasa, Aaliya and Almiya in the online application form and attach equivalence given by the HEC.
- For attestation of "Equivalence letter" issued by the HEC, please attach the original Equivalence letter along with all necessary original documents as stated above.
- For attestation of CPSP Fellowship/Membership certificate, the verification of Controller of Examinations of CPSP is required before submission of documents to HEC.
- The HEC attests the copies of degrees and transcripts only after attestation of the original documents.
- The HEC will not attest any document if a field/area is omitted or erased on the same. Please, contact to the university/board first for issuance of documents without erasure/omission.
- In case, a fake/forged document is presented, the HEC will confiscate the fake/forged documents and all other documents acquired on the basis of that.
- Please, read the complete guidelines for chosen method of attestation i.e., Walk-In and/or Courier Service before proceeding for attestation to avoid any inconvenience.
- In case, there is any ambiguity or clarification required, please go through the Frequently Asked Questions. If you still have questions/comments/suggestions, please send your query at the relevant e-mail address from the Contact Us. All queries sent to the designated e-mail address are responded in 72 hours.