Shenzhen University offers international students PhD program in Theoretical Economics and DEng programs in Optical Engineering & Information and Communications Engineering. Introduction to the subjects and supervisors can be found on the website of "Doctoral Program for International Students, Shenzhen University.
Duration of the Program
- Type of the programs: full-time
- Duration of the programs: Three years (a maximum of five years). International students for these programs should spend no less than a year and a half taking courses or doing research in Shenzhen University.
General Qualifications for Admission
- Applicants must be citizens with a valid foreign passport (whose nationalities are not People's Republic of China). He / She should be in good health conditions and of good conduct. He / She should also abide by the Chinese laws, regulations and the rules of the university.
- Applicants must hold master' degrees (18 years) and are aged under 40.
- It is a necessity for applicants to meet the admission requirements of the applied areas in terms of academic achievement, research ability and language proficiency. Applicants should be proficient in Chinese or English and are able to use either of them to communicate, take courses, do research and write thesis.
Application Dates and Deadlines
Three forms of application are available: online application, on-site application and mailing application materials. Online application (Please visit the website of "Doctoral Programs for International Students, Shenzhen University") opens on October 8th every year and closes on April 10th the next year. Applicants can also mail application materials to the office of Graduate School of Shenzhen University (Letters must arrive before April 20th.).
Fellowships and Grants
International students for doctoral programs are awarded similar fellowships as other doctoral candidates, including:
A. Fellowships. Theoretical Economics: 25,000 RMB/ per person per year; Optical Engineering & Information and Communications Engineering: 40,000 RMB/ per person per year. Students must hand in application forms and are awarded fellowships after their supervisor's evaluation.
B. Government scholarships and university grants. Shenzhen University assists international doctoral candidates to apply for scholarships from national and local governments. Students should hand in their applications first if they are qualified for the scholarships. Those who do not get government scholarships, or with government scholarships lower than 10,000 RMB a year, are awarded university grants of 40,000 RMB a year. Students with government scholarships between 10,000 and 50,000 RMB a year are awarded university grants, which, plus the government scholarships, are no less than 50, 000 RMB per year.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants can apply online by visiting the website of "Doctoral Program for International Students, Shenzhen University"
For more information: