ESTABLISHMENT OF TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION SUPPORT CENTERS
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan in collaboration with Intellectual Property Organization (IPO) Pakistan and Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST) supports for establishment of Technology and Innovation Support Centers under World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) TISC programme at Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) in HEIs and Government Organizations.
TISC provides following basic services
- Access to online patent database systems and science and technology resources
- Access to intellectual property related publications
- Assistance in searching and retrieving technology information
- Training on searching databases
- On-demand searching (novelty, state-of-the-art and infringement)
- Technology and competitor monitoring
- Basic Information on intellectual property laws
- Basic information on intellectual property management and strategy
- Basic information on technology commercialization and marketing
Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), preferably having notified ORIC and Government Organization, will ensure their contribution in the form of making available the premises, technical infrastructure and personnel
(Manager Intellectual Property / Legal Services appointed by ORIC).
The contribution by HEC, IPO Pakistan and WIPO include
- Support for access to patent database systems and science and technology
- Build the technical skills of future TISC staff through on-site training and distance learning courses
- Information and training materials
- Platforms and activities to facilitate an exchange of experiences and best practices within national networks of TISCs or between different networks
The interested HEIs and Government Organizations through their relevant ministries such as Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST), Ministry of Industries and Production, Ministry of Information Technology, Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination and Ministry of Textile Industry may send their requests to the Higher Education Commission and also nominate a focal person.
The Last Date for the submission of Application is July 20, 2016.
Click here to Download Application Form