The specific objective of the 5000 Indigenous Scholarship Scheme is to create a critical mass of highly qualified human resources in all fields of studies taught at the advanced level in local universities. These locally qualified academics and researchers will improve the R&D potential of public as well as private universities and it will also strengthen the local industrial sector.
With the launching of the scheme, research culture in public/private sector Universities has been developed in accordance with International norms/standards. This project is focused at diversified disciplines belonging to all fields of Science & Technology as well as Social Sciences, Humanities and Life Sciences. To enhance the research facilities in these fields the Higher Education Commission has funded many Departments/Universities to establish research labs. This has brought tremendous change in research culture of the Pakistani Universities.
HEC has kept great emphasis on indigenous scholarship schemes because locally trained researchers work on local problems of great national significance. Their research, therefore, is expected to have direct relevance to the growth and socio-economic development of Pakistan.
In addition, this scheme also provides funds to the Universities for upgrading their research facilities particularly small laboratory equipment, chemicals, IT equipment etc. which not only facilitates research of the HEC scholar but also serves as an asset for the department to establish up to date research laboratories.
Batch-IV Academic Year (2016-17)
HEC has announced batch-IV of Phase-II for new intake. The deadline for the submission of application was February 22, 2017. Now HEC will conduct an Aptitude Test for further process of online submitted Applications.
Higher Education Commission Aptitude Test for the candidates applied against Batch-IV of Indigenous PhD fellowship program Phase II will be conducted on 25-26 March 2017 in the following Categories:
Engineering & IT
Management Sciences, Business Education
Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences
Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences, Physical Sciences
- The roll number slips will be issued before one week of the test and can also be downloaded from eportal.hec.gov.pk by using application login ID & Password.
- The applicants who just 'saved' not 'submitted' online applications till provided deadline at HEC E-Portal would not be receiving the call for test.
- The test pattern will be as per GAT General.
- Please present Original Roll Number Slip at the time of test either printed copy received or after taking print from our website.
- Please keep original CNIC/Passport for identification at the time of test day.
- Please reach at test center well before in time as per schedule and center mentioned on your roll number slip.
Academic Evaluation formula for Batch -IV .Phase II