EXTENSION IN DEADLINE TO JOIN THE FOREIGN UNIVERSITY
Extension in deadline to join the university by January 31, 2019 is approved with the following conditions;
- In case HEC-shortlisted candidate joined the university after October 31, 2018, the stipend will be reduced as per the number of months as HEC-scholar delayed departure/joining.
- HEC-shortlisted candidate will be paid stipend for the reduced period instead of 36 months for PhD and 48 for MS-PhD
- HEC-shortlisted candidate will also have to submit an undertaking to this effect.
If the above terms and conditions are acceptable to HEC-shortlisted candidate then please send his/her acceptance by maximum September 30, 2018 positively. Please be advised no further request will be entertained after the deadline.
Besides above, the candidates who wants to change the university are also allowed to do so, but they will have to withdraw their previous visa application and also have to inform the concerned university for not joining. In case you have decided to change the university, then please send your formal request along with withdrawal documents and admission as early as possible for issuance of new Provisional Award Letter (PAL).
Please be advised and note the following;
- The candidates who have planned their departure or joining the university on or before October 31, 2018 may ignore this email.
- The candidates who failed to send their acceptance of above, their scholarship will automatically be withdrawn on November 1, 2018 without any further notice/information.
- The candidates whose acceptance is received, their scholarship is valid till January 31, 2019.
Kindly note that all scholarship offers i.e. Initial Shortlisting, Provisional Award Letter and Final Award letter shall stand withdrawn on January 31, 2019
HRDI-UESTP BATCH-6 RESULT
Disclaimer: - This is initial shortlisting, however, if at any stage the credentials provided to HEC are found incorrect/ misrepresented, the scholarship candidacy will be cancelled immediately. All relevant queries will be entertained up to March 28, 2018. After due date no query will be entertained
eportal link: - http://eportal.hec.gov.pk
The project was approved by ECNEC in September, 2007. The main objective of this project is to produce 1500 PhD level Engineers, Scientists and Technologists who will eventually become the potential faculty members of the Universities of Engineering, Science and Technology.
These institutes are being built in collaboration with technologically advanced universities of France, Italy, Germany, China, South Korea and Austria. Later, the scope of this faculty was extended to the existing Engineering Universities in the country.
The project continues to award MS leading to PhD & PhD scholarships at top-ranked universities of USA, UK, Canada, Austria, China, France, Germany, Belgium, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Turkey, Australia, Italy etc (As per updated list). Most of the universities and countries are offering reduced tuition fee rates to the HEC.
The Scholarship Policy is developed through collective wisdom and is based on four principles i.e., Equal Opportunity, Transparency, Merit and Govt. of Pakistan Provincial Quota Policy.
Equal Opportunity is Ensured Through:
- No specified quota for male & female students. Everyone is open to apply.
- Detailed information and complete application process guide on the web.
Transparency is Ensured Through:
- Open advertisement in English, Urdu and local newspapers.
- Selection process is displayed on the web.
- All interim and final results are displayed on web.
- The final selection is made by the prospect universities/partner agencies along with foreign faculty, which ensures zero tolerance for nepotism and favouritism.
Merit is Ensured Through:
- Rigorous GRE-based test coupled with HEC academic formula.
- Allocation of seats according to Govt of Pakistan Quota Policy.
The main objective of this project is to produce 1500 PhD level Engineers, Scientists and Technologists who will essentially be the potential faculty members and academic resource persons for the Universities of Engineering Sciences and Technology in Pakistan.
To create a critical mass of highly qualified Engineers, Technologists, and Scientists Manpower in high-tech fields. High-level Science and Technology manpower in Pakistan is indispensable for building S&T capability, modernising and streamlining our industry, transport and communications, energy, health, agriculture and social setup.
Hence availability of highly trained scientists and technologists is a pre-requisite for the absorption of present state-of-the-art technologies, as well as for development of new technologies, products and process required for boosting our agricultural and industrial production.