Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth PhD Scholarships allow talented and motivated individuals to gain advanced knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford their studies in the UK.
Purpose: To enhance individual teaching and research capacity leading to increased capacity in academic and other sectors in Commonwealth countries.
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships are for candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, for fulltime doctoral study at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Complete details of programs, eligibility and further classification of themes of study offered for 2018 Commonwealth scholarships is available at: