State-of-the-Art research equipment is critical to the development of scientific research in Pakistan's universities. However, the costs of acquiring and maintaining this equipment can be a major impediment. To address this, the Higher Education Commission has instituted the Access to Scientific Instrumentation Program (ASIP). Under this program, HEC provides financial support to the universities and R&D organizations for giving access to students of other HEIs to use their laboratories.
- Providing financial support to scholars for their sample analysis through the latest scientific equipment
- Providing financial support to institutions for providing services / opening their research facilities for the use of scholars from other HEIs.
- Providing access to such facilities to promote research collaboration
- This program is open to postgraduate students (MS/MPhil/PhD and equivalent) enrolled in public sector universities recognized by HEC, and admitted as per HEC criteria
- HEC Indigenous scholars are eligible subject to submitting proof of funds utilization, already provided to them under their scholarship
- Faculty members are ineligible for this program