The distribution criteria for the award of laptops is defined as follow:
- Provincial distribution corresponding to enrolment share, proportionate to the overall enrolment of students in the higher education institutes, excluding students covered under below categories .
- Full coverage to enrolled PhD, MPhil, MS or equivalent program students in any public sector HEI.
- 2.5% Quota for distant learners/ students of each Virtual University & Allama Iqbal Open University.
- 5% Quota for students studying in Government Polytechnic institutes or Government College of Technology.
- 5% Quota for students of degree and postgraduate colleges of Federal Capital and Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
- Remaining laptops for students studying in Bachelor and Master (16 year) program of public sector higher education institutes, this includes students of Waiting List from previous year distribution and new admissions between July 2014 and June 2015.
Note: Distribution at each level as referred above will follow inter se merit.