The number of laptops which are to be distributed under this scheme is 100,000; whereas the students' enrolment at higher education institutions, and more importantly "eligible students" are large in numbers. Therefore, laptops will be awarded purely on Merit basis amongst the students. Eligible students at each distribution level or group shall follow inter se merit.
- 50% of the reserved quota be allocated for distribution to students in 1st year following the inter se merit.
- 20% provision for those studying in 2nd year of their 16 year undergraduate program meeting the following criteria.
- 10% of allocated numbers to 3rd year students in Bachelor programs
- 10% of allocated numbers to 4th year students in Bachelor programs or Masters (16 year education) 1st year (5% each if both exist)
- 10% of allocated numbers to 5th year students in Bachelor programs or Masters (16 year education) 2nd year (5% each if both exist). In absence of both, 10% will be equally distributed to 3rd year and 4th year allocations.
- Students having secured 60% marks (for annual system) or 70% marks (for semester system) or equivalent CGPA/ GPA in Last examination shall only be considered for the Merit list.
- CGPA/ GPA to Percentage conversion shall be governed by HEC defined formula.
- Any leftover laptops from any distribution level (i.e. Academic level, Departmental, Campus, Institutional, or Provincial Allocation) may be adjusted as per the decision of Project Steering Committee.
Institutional Allocation= (Institutional enrolment) / (Total enrolment in public HEIs) = 3,848 / 500,000 × 65,000 laptops = 500 laptops