The Higher Education Commission (HEC), Islamabad has approved the launch of 2-year Associate Degree Programme to be offered by the Public & Private Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions. The Associate degree is designed to help prepare professionals in disciplines of immediate application and relevance to the market. It is equivalent to a Bachelor (Pass) degree.
Guidelines for Associate Degree Programme
- Universities/Degree Awarding Institutes (DAIs) intending to launch Associate Degree programme will be registered with the Commission and an updated web page with recognized degree programmes will be maintained by HEC.
- Admission requirement for Associate Degree shall be Intermediate/12-year schooling or equivalent. It shall be awarded upon completing 65-68 credit hours in a four semesters/two years programme which will be offered through specially designated campuses / constituent colleges of the Universities and not on the main or principal campus of the University/Institution.
- The degree shall be considered as equal to 14-year Bachelor (Pass) degree.
- The degree shall not be offered to students enrolled for BS programme at the main campus of the University/Institution and, hence, shall not be an exit path for these students.
- Students enrolled for Associate Degree Programme may undertake BS programme seeking admission in 5th semester of the programme, if allowed by the University.