Background & Purpose:
Higher Education Commission (HEC) is a government institution responsible for funding, overseeing, regulating and accrediting higher education efforts in Pakistan. Its mission is to improve and promote higher education, research and development across Pakistan through scholarships, research grants, policy making, degree attestation, faculty development, higher education infrastructure development and other initiatives.
The Higher Education Commission is maintaining number of custom build (online and division user based) applications to facilitate Students, Faculty, Researchers, Universities, Industries and general public. These applications were developed in different time frames to meet the requirements of the specific division's program/ project.
HEC intends to automate HEC Internal Business Process, HEC Public Services, and to evolve E-Learning and E-Governance System in HEI's. Detailed TORs are available on HEC website: http://www.hec.gov.pk
(a) Essential Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in relevant discipline.
- Managerial level experience, specifically in production environment administration, Java EE, Service Oriented Architecture. Proficient in Java, OSGi, Eclipse Platform (RCP and Rap), spring, Spring DM, Database Design/Optimization.
- Skilled in designing and implementing architectures for B2B, B2C and EAI initiatives on new and emerging technologies.
- Having min. 15 years of software consultation and strategic management of increasing complexity with the planning, organization, and control of Software implementation Procedures for complex information system development projects and experience in developing software and associated documents.
- Having min. 10 years' experience in reviewing and analysing the system design, development and implementation.
- Specialized in project management for onsite and offshore projects in software application framework design
- Understanding of the information system development life cycle processes, and sufficient knowledge of the application of various information system development methods (e.g. waterfall, iterative)
- Team player, result oriented, effective organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Solid troubleshooting and analysis skills with attention to detail and quality
- Excellent knowledge in the English language. Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
(b). Salary Package:
(c) Application process:
- Applicants are required to download application form from HEC website http://www.hec.gov.pk/english/HECAnnouncements/Pages/EOI-MIS.aspx and send hard copy of the application form along with the photograph and photocopies of required documents (viz. educational and experience certificates, etc.).
- Selectee can be posted anywhere in Pakistan.
- HEC is equal opportunity employer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing in test/interview. HEC reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason.
Last Date for submission of application has been extended upto 17-09-2018
Period of appointment will be one year (extendable on the basis of satisfactory performance)
Amjid Hussain Shah, Assistant Director (HRM),
Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9, Islamabad
Phone No. 051-90401422