Since 2018, the Ministry of Water Resources and the Ministry of Education, China have jointly implemented the "Chinese Government Scholarship on Senior Water Conservancy Professionals" to select government officials responsible for water conservancy policy, project management, and river basin planning and governance, young experts in water engineering related fields from scientific research institutions, and engineers of water conservancy enterprises to pursue their master's degree in China at Hohai University. More than 100 candidates from Belt and Road countries have learned advanced experience and technologies in China's water resources management, water conservancy project construction, and other fields, and have participated in extensive cultural exchange activities. In 2022, the Program will provide 20 scholarships dedicated to the applicants from the member states of UNESCO Intergovernmental Hydrological Program (IHP), especially those from the Belt and Road countries, African countries, and Small Island Developing States (SIDS).
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Hohai University (HHU) (https://en.hhu.edu.cn/) Established in 1915, already has a century-old history. Under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education, HHU has upgraded itself with good momentum of development in hydraulic engineering and water resources as its main focus, education of engineering subjects as its first priority, and coordinated development of a wide array of disciplines. HHU is a state key university under the "Double First-Rate" discipline plan, with national level innovation platforms as well as the graduate school. Over the past 100 years, HHU has contributed greatly to the nation's rejuvenation in the course of water governance and enjoyed a high reputation as China's cradle of hydropower innovators and entrepreneurs and a hub of water science and technology innovation. It is located in the Yangtze River Delta region, one of China's most economically active, open and innovative regions and currently comprises 3 campuses in Jiangsu Province (Xikang Road Campus & Jiangning Campus in Nanjing and Changzhou Campus in Changzhou). Being first batch of universities authorized to grant doctoral, master and bachelor's degrees to international students, HHU has cultivated thousands of international talents so far. Diploma, Graduation and Degree Awarding The standard master's length of schooling is set to 3 years (no less than 2 years & no more than 5 years). Those who have completed all courses stipulated in the academic plan and passed all the exams and thesis defense shall be awarded the graduate diploma. Those who pass the degree examination shall be awarded the corresponding academic degree.
The applicant should have a relevant bachelor's degree with the applied major or above, under age 35 (born after Sep. 1st, 1987), be healthy physically and mentally, abide by Chinese laws and regulations, respect Chinese traditions and customs.
Hydrology and Water Resources,
Hydraulics and River Dynamics,
Hydraulic Structure Engineering,
Water Conservancy & Hydropower Engineering,
Harbor, Coastal and Offshore Engineering,
Environmental Science and Engineering,
Resettlement Science and Engineering.
1. Scan copy of the passport (Valid after Aug.30, 2023);
2. Scan copies of all the original diplomas and degrees starting from undergraduate (Chinese or English version); Those to be graduated should provide the proof of graduation from current school.
3. Scan copies of the original transcripts with all the courses starting from the undergraduate (Chinese or English version);
4. Curriculum vitae (Consecutive study experiences since undergraduate. Full study experience is required for those who have studied in China);
5. A personal statement or study plan, at least 800 words;
6. English language proficiency certificate (For applicants from non-English speaking countries, TOEFL, IELTS or other proof of their English proficiency is required);
7. Two recommendation letters from the head of the applicant's current working or studying institute;
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (see Attachment). The applicant should conduct the examination strictly according to the list. The result is valid for 6 months.
9. Non-criminal record from local police;
10. Signed personal commitment (see Attachment);
Application Time and Procedures
Deadline: May 25, 2022
1. Complete Chinese Government Scholarship online application via http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn (Agency number:10294, type: B);
2. Complete Hohai University online application via http://admission.hhu.edu.cn;
3. Send Application Form (see Attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com;
4. The application fee is waived.
The scholarship consists of tuition, accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance and living allowance 3000 RMB Yuan/month, international airfare not included.
The university will comprehensively evaluate the applicant's educational background, academic performance, school performance, research ability and development potential, etc. and organize an interview to select the best. The final result subjects to the approval of the Ministry of Education of China. The university will send the admission notice, visa application form for study in China (Form JW201) and other materials to the applicants upon the approval. If any adjustment is made due to the pandemic, subsequent arrangements of the university shall be notified.
The students will live on Jiangning campus. There're 3 single rooms in one apartment. The facilities include the bed, desk, closet, chair, hot water, internet access, toilet and public laundry room.
Visa Application and Registration
Those who're enrolled shall submit ordinary passport, the admission notice, visa application form for study in China (Form JW201), physical report and blood test report to local Chinese Embassy or Consulate to apply for a student visa (X1) to China. The applicant shall bring all the above materials and register at International School of Hohai University within the appointed time on the admission notice. Those who have provided proof of pre-graduation at the time of application but fail to obtain the corresponding degree before Sep. 2022 will be disqualified for registration. In case of irresistible force, like the pandemic, the time and method of registration shall be subject to official notices or emails.
International School, Hohai University Add: No.1, Xikang Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China Zip Code: 210098 Tel: +86-25-83787955 Fax: +86-25-83787981 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://ie.hhu.edu.cn