The Higher Education Commission (HEC) is searching for dynamic and visionary candidates for the position of the Rector, National Academy of Higher Education (NAHE). The Rector is the Chief Executive of the institution and will report to a Governing Board chaired by the Chairman HEC. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the Responsibilities and Deliverables of this position:-
02 Years, renewable based on
and other Benefits
Equivalent to MP-I (Management Pay
Advanced degree from a leading national and international
university ranked among top 500 universities based on rankings from QS, Times
Higher Education or ARWU for 2021 or 2022.
Candidates with advanced qualifications in
Education, Management or HRM are encouraged to apply.
Demonstrable evidence of excellence and
achievement in the key areas of responsibility, including:
A minimum of 10 years' academic experience, preferably
in institutional development, capacity building and training, at national and
Knowledge and experience of design, development and
management of new institutions.
Strong experience in Capacity building and / or
leading a research intensive university.
- HEC is equal opportunity employer.
- Applicants are required to apply online on the HEC website: https://careers.hec.gov.pk, within 30 days' from the date of publication of advertisement. No need to send hard copy of CV and documents.
- Part time, honorary, apprentice and internee positions will not be considered / counted as experience.
- Those already in government service should apply through proper channel.
- Incomplete / late applications will not be entertained.
- Only eligible candidates will be called for interview.
- Interviews of eligible candidates residing outside the Islamabad / Rawalpindi region and vicinity can be arranged via Audio/video conferencing at the nearest HEC offices (Karachi, Lahore, Quetta & Peshawar).
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing in the interview.
- HEC reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason.
Amjid Hussain Shah,
Assistant Director (HRM),
Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9, Islamabad
Phone No. 051-90401422, Email: email@example.com
For technical / IT assistance, please call 051-111-119-432, 0334-1119432