Please consider this page as the first resource for answers to queries about scholarships for Undergraduate Programs. If you do not find answers to your questions from the following, please send us email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. I am waiting for my intermediate Result, Am I Eligible to apply.?
No, as mentioned in advertisement, Applicant must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date. Result awaiting students are not eligible to apply.
2. What is Balochistan In / Out and FATA In/Out?
The candidates who have studied at F.Sc (Intermediate level) in the institutions located within the districts of Balochistan or Agency or FRs of FATA fall under the category BALOCHISTAN IN and FATA IN respectively. Those who have studied at F.Sc (Intermediate level) in the institutions outside Balochistan and FATA/FRs fall under BALOCHISTAN OUT and FATA OUT category respectively.
3. What's distribution of scholarships for Balochistan In / Out and FATA In/Out?
Balochistan In & FATA In : 90 % scholarships
Balochistan Out & FATA Out: 10 % scholarships
90% scholarships will be awarded on population basis to those students, who have done FA/FSc/I.Com/A Level or equivalent from the districts / agencies / FRs of FATA and Balochistan and they will fall under category FATA In and Balochistan In.
10% scholarships will be awarded for Balochistan Out and Fata Out Category.
4. . If I have already cleared the NTS Test (or any other entry Test), would it be necessary to take HEC Test for this Scholarship?
Yes, it is mandatory for every applicant to appear in the test advertised and conducted by HEC for award of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship.
5. What is the maximum age limit for undergraduate program?
Maximum age limit for undergraduate program is 22 years on closing date of advertisement. No age relaxation will be allowed.
6. What is the requirement of marks?
For Undergraduate program:
F.A/F.Sc/A- Level or equivalent with minimum 60 % marks.
You cannot apply for scholarship if your percentage is less than the required percentage.
7. Can I get admission in any University / Institute of Pakistan?
No, scholarship will be awarded to candidates having Local/Domicile Certificate of Balochistan Province/FATA for award of Scholarships for Undergraduate studies in only HEC recognized public/Private sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutes of Pakistan
8. Is online application option available to apply for Undergraduate scholarship?
Only online application is acceptable. Applications submitted in hard form will not be entertained.
9. How long is the scholarship given to undergraduate degree students?
Duration of the scholarship for undergraduate degree students is: 1 year extended up to 4-5 years as per academic performance annually.
10. Is there any scholarship application processing fee?
iv. The applicants are required to deposit Rs.500/- (Nonrefundable) as application fee in HBL Account Number 17427900133401 and should upload the scanned/Image online while applying. Applicant must keep the original deposit slip save for future requirement.
11. What kind of expenses are covered under the Undergraduate scholarship program?
Scholarships Program Covers:
- Average Tuition Fee and other charges including Hostel Fee up to Rs. 60,000 per semester/year.
- Living Allowance of Rs. 6,000 per month with Rs. 500 annual increment.
- Book Allowance of Rs. 5,000 per Annum.
- Traveling Allowance of Rs. 5,000 per Annum.
- Initial Settlement Allowance of Rs. 10,000 (Once during total study period).
12. How candidates will be shortlisted &what is the percentage of academic and HEC test for Undergraduate programs?
Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of Aptitude Test (conducted by HEC) score and Academic credentials scores. Academic record will have 50% weightage and Aptitude test conducted by HEC will have 50% weightage for undergraduate programs.
13. I have done O-levels & A-levels do I need IBCC equivalence certificate?
Yes, equivalence certificates will be required for scholarship.
14. How many Scholarships are available for undergraduate program in Batch – IV?
There are 500 Scholarships available. The scholarship distribution ratio for the students of Balochistan & FATA is 50:50.
15. I am already availing financial assistance/scholarship from university/institution. Am I eligible for this scholarship?
No, the students already availing financial assistance/scholarship from any universities/institutions are not eligible to apply.
16. Can I apply for nomination against HEC reserved seats for the students of Balochistan and FATA?
The primary objective of this project is to provide scholarship (financial benefits) however, HEC has limited reserved seats in various disciplines in Public Sector Universities/Institutes for HEC scholars of Balochistan and FATA.
Those candidates, who failed to get admission in Public Sector Universities through normal channel (open merit / any other reserved seat) will be considered for nomination against reserved seats. It is obligatory that the candidate has tried to get admission through normal channel (open merit / any other reserved seat) before submitting a request for placement against reserved seat.
Placements on reserved seats will be on open merit for selected scholars only. PM&DC/Respective Engineering Universities minimum eligibility criteria will be applicable.
Those who are already enrolled in Medical Colleges and Engineering Programs will not be considered against the reserved seats but shall be considered for offer of scholarships if on Merit.