Award of Scholarships to the Students of Gwadar for 4 years Bachelor Degree scholarship Program
(Prime Minister's Announcement)
Higher Education Commission Of Pakistan announces The 4 Years Bachelor degree scholarship program for the students of Gawadar, Balochistan at top universities of Punjab; enabling them to get better job opportunities through China Pakistan Economic Corridor.
On March 16, 2017, Prime Minster of Pakistan during his tour to Gwadar has made following announcement:
- Grant of Rs. 1.000 billion for uplift of Gwadar Town.
- Setting up of State of The Art University at Gwadar.
- Grant of 50 Scholarships to students from Gwadar for BS (04 Years) equivalent to Master Degree classes in Punjab based universities.
- Grant of 50 scholarships to students from Gwadar for learning Chinese Language in China.
- Inclusion of Gwadar district in Prime Minister's Program for National Health Insurance.
Eligibility Criteria For 4 years Bachelor degree Scholarship program
- Applicants must possess Domicile/Local certificate of District Gwadar; must have completed 12 years of formal education with 50% Marks in their FA/FSc/I.Com/ISC/DAE or equivalent.
- Maximum age limit is 22 years as on 10th of September, 2019
- The pre-requisite qualification must be acquired before the closing date.
- Candidates availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible.
- Scholarships will be awarded transparently at merit to the Domicile holders of Gwadar only.
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of Aptitude Test score and academic credential score (Test will be conducted by HEC).
- Already enrolled students in 4 years bachelor degree program (for the academic year 2019-2020) are strongly encouraged to apply.