- AJK/Pakistani national who is full time PhD student.
- Completed coursework of 18 credit hours, at least.
- Scholar is eligible to apply after 2 year of enrollment and maximum up to 3.5 years in PhD program.
- Passed the local GAT subject test OR Univeristy Admission Test at the time of registration/enrolelment in PhD Studies/Program.
- Who has an approved PhD research topic and synopsis by the Board of Advanced Studies and Research (BASR) or Directorate of Advanced Studies and Research (DASR) or equivalent body of the university
- Who has an official acceptance/invitation letter for research from a foreign university/institute/ lab. The university/institute must be listed in top 200 universities list (either subject wise or over all ranking) as per Times Ranking of World Universities Or QS top universities ranking (topuniversities.com).
- Your Foreign Supervisor should not be an ex-supervisor of your Local Supervisor.
For Selection Committee Meetings after June 2013, upper world ranking limit of foreign university has been reduced to top 200 universities for the applicants from all disciplines Agriculture & Veterinary Science, Biological & Medical Science and Physical Science, Engineering & Technology, Social Sciences subjects.
Those Scholars who are already availing any other HEC scholarship are also eligible to apply provided they submit NOC from their concerned HEC dealing officer.