- Is there any last date or deadline for submission of applications?
There is no deadline or last date for submission of applications. Applicants can apply whole long the year as soon as they fulfill basic requirements of the scholarship.
- How much time HEC requires for application processing and selection process?
It takes round about a month and a half to process the applications and declare results. Usually time span of 20-25 days is given to selected applicants to submit the required documents such as surety bond, bench fee invoice, and university account information etc. Following this, final award letters are issued.
- How selection will be made?
HEC has established a Selection Committee for the selection of scholars under the scheme. The Committee consists of HEC officials, former VCs of known universities and prominent Researchers/ Professors of international repute from Pakistan. The Committee meeting is scheduled quarterly to consider the cases.
- Will HEC coordinate visa endorsement process for the selected scholars?
HEC will only provide award letter stating the financial support and other terms & conditions of the award. Scholars can use this as supporting document to apply for visa.
- Will HEC pay visa fee?
HEC do not provide any amounts such as visa application fee, health insurance fee etc.
- How funds will be released?
- No funds can be released in favor of the scholar before visa endorsement.
- Six month stipend is provided to the scholar in the form of Cross Cheque at once in advance before leaving.
- Bench/ tuition fees will be directly paid to the foreign university against an invoice raised by the university. Any amount over and above the fellowship package will be covered by the scholar himself.
- Air travel cost will be paid to the Travel Agency directly.
7. How much time HEC requires to release funds?
- Advance stipend & ticket 2-3 weeks
- Bench fee 4-5 Weeks
8. What are the progress report requirements of HEC?
Scholars will be required to submit progress report on their research work on Performa as prescribed by HEC. This report could be asked every two months, three months or at end of the research project as specified by HEC.
However, at the end of the project every scholar is required to submit detailed report on the six month work through foreign supervisor along with copies of research papers produced.
9. Can a PhD student avail the scholarship twice?
No PhD student can avail the scholarship for the second time