ELIGIBLE INSTITUTIONS AND ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
- List of eligible institutions, academic programs and other details can be found at
List of Institutions and Academic Programs
Expenses Not Covered by the Scholarship
- Academic costs (registration and tuition) if not waived by the academic institution or authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Laboratory fees, workshops, language courses or other academic activities that are part of the academic program and are not waived by the academic institution.
- Fees for transferring academic credits and course revalidation.
- Cost of printing the thesis.
- Fees for obtaining the diploma and/or certificate.
- Registration in the National Registry of Foreign Citizens
- Any other expense not mentioned above.
- Download Mexican Scholarship application form from here. www.gob.mx//amexid/acciones-y-programas/becas-para-extranjeros-29785
- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa . After registering and filling your profile, please select "Learning Opportunities Abroad" under "Scholarship and Grant" menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed & stamped by employer (if employed already). Attach deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad (no other documents to be attached with HEC application form except a deposit slip). All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
Please send two sets of Mexican application form along with following documents:
a. Statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study
b. Attested copies of all Academic Degrees & Transcripts
c. Letter of Recommendation
d. Medical certificate
e. Copies of all mandatory documents as mentioned in Mexican application form
The above documents must be in proper binding and one copy of HEC application form with bank deposit slip (in original) separately to be sent on or before the deadline 22 September, 2016 on the address given below:
- All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- No Application documents mentioned above will be returned whether the application is successful or not.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of selection criteria defined by donor country, highest academic merit, provincial/regional quota and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students by Mexico.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after due date will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.