Pakistani citizens/nationals with strong academic histories, committed to returning and serving Pakistan are welcome to apply. Applicants are especially encouraged in the following fields, Arts and Humanities, Design & Media, Social Sciences, Engineering, Basic Sciences, Medical & Allied Health Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Science, Emerging Technologies, Water Resources, and Energy.
To be eligible, you must:
- Pakistani/AJK nationals
- Candidates having an MS/M.Phil. Degree (18 years of education) from HEC recognized universities
- Candidates with 4-years Bachelor Degree (16 years of education), eligible for direct admission in Ph.D. programs at US Universities
- Age limit: maximum 40 years for regular faculty & researchers of public sector universities/R&D organizations, and 35 years for all others
- Has acquired valid & acceptable GRE & TOEFL scores required for admission in US Universities
- Scholars who have already secured admission or those enrolled in PhD program in top 235 US Universities & 23 University Systems may also apply for scholarship
- Has an active commitment to serve universities/R&D organizations in Pakistan after the completion of studies.
- Academic merit based on HEC-AEF calculator will be applicable
- Have maximum of 2 Second Divisions throughout the academic career
- Have no 3rd Division or grade D in his/her career
- Not less than 50% marks in academic career.
The grant will be offered for maximum period of 4/5 years.
- The scholarship covers living expenses and return airfare; however, it does not cover Tuition Fee. Candidates need to secure admission with complete Tuition Fee waiver, from a university among the selected 235 US Universities or from a university falling under any of the 23 university systems – mentioned on 'US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor' segment of HEC website.
- Higher Education Commission (HEC) has negotiated tuition fee waivers for Pakistani students, with different ranked US Universities. HEC shall refer potential candidates – who meet the basic eligibility criteria for award of HEC scholarship – to partnering US Universities, for consideration of admission and tuition fee waiver. Candidates selected by the host US University after satisfying respective admission criteria shall be offered HEC scholarship under 'US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor' project.
Please note that HEC attested documents are not required with the application. Only send the printout of duly signed online application form, to:
Project Management Unit (PMU)
US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor
Higher Education Commission
Hard copy of the pre-requisite documents will be required after initial shortlisting & PMU HEC will intimate successful candidates accordingly.
Plagiarism in an application can lead to disqualification at any stage of the program.