Under the umbrella of CAS and HEC, CPJRC is now collaborating with University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) and relevant CAS institutes on inviting Pakistani students and scholars to apply for studying at UCAS and CAS institutes in the fields of Earth sciences and related subjects. A Panel of Pre-Assessment Experts at CPJRC will review application documents, have interviews with applicants, and recommend about 20 of the best candidates to UCAS and CAS institutes for scholarship competition. Selected applicants will be enrolled at UCAS as full time PhD/MS students under the supervision of the Chinese scientists who are both research professors at CAS institutes and postgraduate supervisors at UCAS (Annex-1). Their study in China will include maximum 1 year course learning at UCAS campus and a certain period of practical research and completion of degree thesis at CAS institutes.
For those who have interest in studying at UCAS and CAS institutes, please consult the following steps for your application to compete for scholarships:
- Browse the webpage http://english.ucas.ac.cn/ and get a general idea of UCAS.
- Get access to the webpage below and read the general background information for international students: http://english.ucas.ac.cn/index.php/admission/international-students#
For those who want to apply for PhD program, please follow the procedures described in the following webpage:
For those who want to apply for MS degrees, please follow the procedures described in the following webpage:
For those who wish to apply for scholarships, please consult the following webpage:
- Find an eligible professor (Annex-1) of your interest and contact him/her directly by sending him/her your statement together with your CV, research proposal and any other required documents, and indicate that you wish to apply for PhD or MS Program of UCAS.
- Fill in the Pre-Assessment Application Form (Annex-2) and submit it to CPJRC at Quaid-E-Azam University, Islamabad together with a copy of your passport ID page, CV, bachelor/master degree certificates, bachelor/master transcripts, proof of English and/or Chinese knowledge, detailed research proposal, title pages and abstracts of published papers (if any) and 2 reference letters before 15th March, 2020.
- The Panel of Pre-assessment Experts will review all the application documents, have interviews with the potential candidates and recommend about 20 of the best candidates to UCAS for scholarship competition and inform them to submit formal application documents (including applications for admission and scholarships) via online system to UCAS before the deadline, 31 March, 2020.
- UCAS will examine all the applications, make final decisions and inform the applicants of the results via CPJRC in due time.