Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be citizen of Pakistan/AJK.
- Applicants applying for General Scholar programs must not be older than the age of forty five (45) and have completed undergraduate study;
- Those who applying for Senior Scholar programmes must be a Master's/MPhil degree holder (18 years education) or above and not older than the age of fifty (50).
- Applicants having 3rd Division in their academic career are NOT eligible to apply and only one 2nd division is allowed but NOT in the terminal degree.
- The applicant must fill all the fields of the UNESCO Application Form and HEC application form (Online) and no column or field should be left unfilled.
- Certificates/Transcript/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level is mandatory by IBCC.
- IELTS/TOEFL scores are required, where applicable.
- Applicants must fulfil other requirements set by UNESCO/funding body.
Selection of Beneficiaries:
The final selection of beneficiaries lies with UNESCO/Donor.
The Great Wall Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
UNESCO covers international travel fare, a monthly pocket allowance and a termination allowance. For details please refer to the Announcement Letter available at