Qualifications for an eligible applicant include:
- Healthy both physically and mentally; not over 45 years old (born after September 1, 1975).
- A bachelor or higher degree, at least 3 years' work experience, some educational or professional experience in a field relative to that of the program applied.
- Working in a government agency, company or research institute, and being a Section Director or Chief of Office, a senior manager, or being a lecturer or assistant researcher or above in scientific researches. Govt. employment is mandatory for application consideration.
- Good English language proficiency, able to follow English-taught courses well. Minimum requirements for reference: IELTS (Academic) total score 6.0, or TOEFL Internet score 80.
- Having a strong development potential in his/her career, and willing to promote the mutual cooperation and exchanges between China and his/her home country.
- Students who are now studying in China or already winners of Chinese Government Scholarship are not allowed to apply.