|The Competent Authority of HEC has constituted an "Ethical Appeal Review Board (EARB) / Grievance Redressal Committee (GRC)" an apex committee to oversee HEC's R&D framework and grievance redressal mechanism related to the evaluation of research journal applications, research grants and other R&D Programs.|
Note: A grievance fee is applicable on filing of each grievance appeal as per notification. The fee will be refunded to applicants, if the appeal is accepted. No fee will be refunded to applicants, if appeal is rejected.
Institutions submitting grants proposal (Project Outline /Full Project Proposal) that was not selected for funding may submit a written Notice of Grievance to the HEC at the Higher Education Commission within 7 working days of result announcement. A Notice of Grievance is permitted only when the institution believes that the proposal was not evaluated fairly or in a reasonable manner.
The Appeal process involves the following steps:
- Results dissemination of a particular stage PO/FPP ( i.e. LCF, GCF, TTSF etc. )
- Principal investigators (PI) will go through the review reports/panel comments after results dissemination on the HEC portal
- If the Principal investigator (PI) is not satisfied with the outcome of the project they can send a written response appeal duly endorsed by ORIC/Research Office and Rector/VC office within 7 days after the results announcements ( Mandatory Requirement for appeal)
- Written grievances / Appeal / Query related to PO/FPP stage results can be sent on the provided appeal proforma directly to as response email must be shared on firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days after result announcement of any particular call.
- All received grievances will be shared with concerned Panel chairs/Grievances committee for further response
- Once the appeal response is received from panel chairs/Grievances committee, the same will be communicated with PIs.
- Following fee will be applicable for the grievance appeal under different programs of Research and Innovation Division of HEC.
|i.||Principal Investigators of NRPU||Rs. 10,000/-|
|ii.||Editors of Research Journals||Rs. 15,000/-|
|iii.||Principal Investigators of GCF/LCF and similar other mega projects||Rs. 25,000/-|
- The fee will be refunded to the applicant if the appeal is accepted by EARB/GRC. No fee will be refunded if the appeal is rejected.
- The appeal fee should be sent in form of cheque in favor of Director Finance HEC.
Please send your grievance in electronic form to "email@example.com" and in hard form to Secretary EARB/GRC.
Mr. Asif Hussain, Secretary EARB/GRC (Director, Research & Innovation Division, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ,051-90401904).