Terms of Reference for the CPD Program:
The Learning Innovation Division conducts various training programs for faculty across the country with the aim to provide the necessary skills for faculty members/teachers to participate positively in the academic functioning of the universities. The training programs are to keep teachers abreast of new concepts and content incorporated into the curricula and mode of delivery, advanced skills. Training of the teachers in their disciplines is essential for the transmission of knowledge and skills to students.
The Learning Innovation Division schedules educational activities for each quarter of the year. Institutions or departments that want to conduct a course must submit a written request approved by the HEIs' Competent Authority along with the detailed proposal to the Learning Innovation Division at least a month in advance.
A. General Requirements of CPD
- Duration of one CPD will be five working days.
- A batch of 25-30 participants will be arranged for one training. The participants will be taken from the same university and surrounding universities/ degree awarding Colleges/affiliated colleges.
- The participants will be from Faculty cadre of HEI's
- Each session will be of 1½ hour duration and Maximum Four sessions may be conducted each day.
- The course will be learner oriented and activity based rather than theoretical.
- A spacious lecture hall will be facilitated where an interactive session for 30 Participants with AV aids can be conducted comfortably.
- Audio Visual Aids like Multimedia, Digital Camera for taking still photos of the sessions, Movie Camera for recording of the sessions, Over Head Projector, white board, etc. may be made available.
- Local transport facility, if required, for the Resource Persons and HEC Representative will be provided by the university.
Guidelines for the Course Coordinator
i. An amount of approved CPD will be released through a cross cheque to the Vice Chancellor for conducting CPD course.
ii. The original signed proposal form, schedule of trainings, details of participants and resource persons shall be submitted to HEC at least one week before starting CPD (Mandatory).
iii. The Coordinator will be required to incur the course expenditure within the total allocation as well as within the subheads allocation. No over expenditure will be allowed or entertained in any of the sub head or the total budget allocation.
iv. TA/DA to the Monitoring Officer from HEC will be given from the sub-head "Average TA/DA to Resource Person other than the host university/HEC coordinator".
v. Resource person can be selected from any public or Private Sector University and expense of participant of the course taken from private sector universities will be cover by their university.
vi. Nobody is allowed to make any change in documents sent by HEC, only HEC reserves the rights to amend the documents. HEC may take serious action in case of non-compliance.
vii. A group photo of Course Participants and Resource Persons and photographs of the sessions in progress will also be provided to office of CPD for record.
viii. A comprehensive report (soft & hard copy) of the course will be sent to this office within the allocated time. Submission within 01 week after the start of training. The report will contain:
- List of the participants
- List of the Resource Persons
- Submission within 03 weeks after completion of the training
- Photographs of Opening & Closing ceremonies.
- Press coverage.
- Material of delivered lectures & Presentations
ix. The complete database of the participants and Resource Persons of the training course may also be sent to this office (hard and soft copy) within one week before the opening of the CPD on prescribed Proforma designed by HEC.
Submission of Accounts
1. The budget sanctioned for HEI under CPD, Long / Short Term Faculty Professional Development Program will be treated as Grant in Aid.
2. A consolidated expenditure statement vetted by the internal auditor/Treasurer of the university as per breakup and endorsed by Head of HEI. Will be required for reimbursement of expenditure and No Advance will be paid for CPD.
3. Consolidated percentage wise attendance sheet shall be submitted to HEC after duly singed by course coordinate and vetted by internal Auditor/Treasurer and also endorsed by head of HEI.
4. About Resource Person
a) Competent Resource Persons will be selected with the prior consultation of HEC for each content and quality will not be compromised in any case.
b) The CV of the Resource Persons must reach office of CPD in Islamabad, one week before the start of the course.
c) Each Resource Person cannot participate as Resource Person.
d) If the Training Coordinator is unable to arrange a competent Resource Person for some contents, he/she will request CPD Office to provide the Resource Person for that specific area from the general pool already compiled by Learning Innovation Division HEC well in advance.
5. General Instructions for the Participants
a) A group of 30 participants from any discipline may be selected. Preference may be given to young Non-Teaching Staff having less than five years of experience.
b) A participant of the course will be considered as "on duty" during training and must be relieved from his/her routine assignments.
c) 90% attendance is compulsory for all participants. Only in case of genuine emergency, casual leave can be availed.
d) Leave request will only be entertained in case of a dire, unavoidable emergency.
e) Participants will be required to keep their mobile/cell phone off during the sessions.
f) No guests will be allowed during the sessions.
g) Strict timing will be observed for all the sessions daily.
h) Participants will mark their session wise attendance daily.
i) Each participant will have to submit assignments/course work as required during the activities.
About Resource Person:
- Competent Resource Persons will be selected with the prior consultation of HEC for each content and quality will not be compromised in any case.
- The list of Participants, Resource Persons and workshop schedule verified by the Workshop Coordinator and Registrar will be sent to the Learning Innovation Division, HEC along with their CVs in advance at least two day before the course.
- The course coordinate can take maximum Six session in each CPD.
- If the Course Coordinator is unable to arrange a competent Resource Persons from his parent HEI the then, he can arrange from open market.
General Instructions for the Participants
- A group of 25-30 participants from any discipline may be selected. Preference may be given to young faculty members of public sector HEIs.
- A participant of the course will be considered as "on duty" during training and must be relieved from his/her routine assignments.
- 90% attendance is compulsory for all participants. Only in case of genuine emergency, casual leave can be availed.
- Leave request will only be entertained in case of a dire, unavoidable emergency.
- Participants will be required to keep their mobile/cell phone off during the sessions.
- No guests will be allowed during the sessions.
- Strict timing will be observed for all the sessions daily.
- Participants will mark their session wise attendance daily.
- Each Participants will have to submit assignments/course work as required during the activities.
- No course will start until a letter of approval is sent by the LID at the HEC stating that the proposal has been accepted.