The ELTR Project Phase-II aims at bringing a significant improvement in the learning and teaching of English language and research in the public sector universities/colleges of Pakistan. To achieve this purpose the Project organizes Seminars/Conferences to provide a resilient forum to English Teachers to upgrade their teaching skills and techniques as per global standards.
Maximum Financial Assistance of Rs. 150,000 will be provided for an event.
Who can Apply?
The departments of English/Centres of English of all public and private sector universities which are eligible to receive public funding may apply for the funding of Conferences/Seminars. The grant will be given to the universities for holding conferences/seminars on trends and issues related to English language.
How to Apply?
The university is required to submit the prescribed application form with relevant information (Click Here)
- Nature of collaboration should be defined.
- Number of participants, resource persons should be indicated in each box and lists should be furnished in respective annexure.
- Brief CV in respect of foreign participants and resource persons must be attached.
- Abstracts delivered by local and foreign participants be attached.
- Event schedule with brochure should be annexed.
- Full budget of the conference should be furnished with detailed break-up under each sub-head and the budget requested from HEC should not exceed Rs 150,000 for the event.
- Details of other donors must be indicated with quantum of support.
- Applications complete in all respects, forwarded by the respective VC/Rector or Director (in case of Degree Awarding Institutes and Centres) should reach 6 weeks before the proposed dates of holding the events.
Terms & Conditions
Submission of funding requisition form along with all necessary details:
- After the approval of funding request from the competent authority, the university will be provided with the approval for conference/seminar in writing.
- HEC will approve the grant for the event yet the amount will be released after the completion of the event and subsequent provision of following documents:
- Complete report of the Conference/Seminar along with outcomes
- Expenditure receipts as per approved budget
- Invoice duly verified by the internal audit of the university
- Newspaper clippings of Conference/Seminar coverage
- Attendance of the participants with signature
- Complete photographic record of the event on CD (selected pictures in hard form)
- Grants are sanctioned to be utilized for the specific event.
- Proper acknowledgement of HEC contribution in proceedings of the event and on all printed material of the workshop.
- Grants will be released to the head of institutions i.e. Vice Chancellor/ Rector/ President etc. as the case may be.
Target & acheivements
International /National ELT Seminars/Conferences