English Language Teaching Reforms (ELTR) Phase-II offered ELT Scholarships of 1 to 2 year duration for in-service English teachers of public sector colleges and universities in the following programs:
- MPhil /MS in Applied Linguistics and related disciplines
- Masters in Applied Linguistics, TEFL, TESL, ELT
- PGD, ADP in TEFL, TESL, ELT
- Pakistani/AJK Nationals
- Fulltime/ permanent English faculty of public sector colleges and universities
- Teaching English at the graduate and post graduate level
- Maximum 50 years of age, with minimum 16 years of education, with at least one year experience of teaching English as a subject
- Already enrolled candidates into the specified programs may also apply for the scholarships. They will get funding for the remaining period of their study.
- ELTR fellows of Phase-I can apply for higher degree programs (MS/MPhil) in Phase-II only after completion of service period as per their previous deed of agreement.
Who is ineligible?
- The candidates who are above 50 years of age at the time of application or currently enrolled in any other scholarship program offered by HEC/ Government.
- Any candidate who is not from the public sector HEIs.
How to Apply
- Submission of hard copy of application and documents to Ms Rubina Mustafa, Project Manager ELTR Phase-II, HEC. (For Application Form Click Here) .Documents required with Application:
- Photocopies of all educational testimonials
- Photocopy of CNIC
- The candidates will apply through proper channel.
- For college faculty NOC must be obtained from the Directorate of Colleges and university faculty must submit NOC from VC /Registrar. (Sample NOC)
- Original online bank deposit slip of Rs. 400/- (non-refundable) in favor of the Director General Finance, Higher Education Commission, on Account No. 17427900133401, Habib Bank Ltd, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad, as processing fee.
- Undertaking for the Indigenous Scholarship on the judicial stamp paper. (Sample Undertaking)
- Admission letter of the university offering the specified programs. If the candidate has not secured admission in any university, s/he will be issued a provisional award letter and s/he will be required to submit admission letter within next six months for final award of scholarship otherwise his scholarship will be cancelled.
Terms & Conditions
- The scholarship awardee is not to hold any other scholarship/stipend during the scholarship period of his/her study.
- The awardee has to execute a bond with HEC/Government of Pakistan to serve in his parent institution for at least 2 years after completion of his degree.
- The Higher Education Commission would monitor the Academic progress/ performance of the awardee.
- No extension will be entertained.
- The outstation candidates must take fulltime leave from their respective institutions.
- HEC reserves the right for any change.
- The awardee will be required to submit the following at the end of semester:
- Progress Report (Click Here)
- Semester Results and Final Result at the end of program
Grants & Benefits
- The scholarship covers tuition fee of the participants up to Rs 100,000/- that will be transferred to the university directly after receiving the invoice duly vetted by internal auditor of the university.
- A stipend of Rs 2000/ month at the end of each semester (for on campus months only excluding the semester break).
- In case a candidate drops out or fails to complete the degree, the HEC will get reimbursement from the candidate.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for test/interview.
- No Hostel charges will be paid to the candidates.