GCF funding may be used for:
- Salaries for PI and co-PIs based on the amount of time spent on the project
- Stipends for bachelors, masters, doctoral students, and postdoctoral scholars to conduct the research proposed
- Travel to national and international meetings to present research results obtained
- Travel to consortia members' institutions in support of the research proposed
- Processing fee for open access journals for disseminating research results
- The purchase and maintenance of appropriate, approved equipment to conduct the research proposed.
- The purchase of research supplies necessary to conduct the research proposed
- Grants to attract visiting researchers from outside Pakistan to conduct research that contributes to the grant objectives. These visiting researchers can be either expatriate Pakistani scientists or foreign scientists.
- A component of the grant will be earmarked for the problem solving (i.e., it will be released only if there is a demonstrable evidence of success in solving a problem).