The Leadership, Project Management & Strategy certification program is designed for HEC-NAHE BPS 19-21 officials, who are currently responsible for making core strategic decisions in the education sector. The focus of this capability development program is to enhance the existing competencies of the course delegates and efficiency in their individual and organizational performance in the future.
The program will cover the following three modules.
- The Fundamentals of Leadership & Management
- The Fundamentals of Project Management
- The Fundamentals of Strategy
Each module includes relevant academic literature and frameworks. The delegates will be encouraged to apply the theory in various sessions on multiple case studies. This is a part time course, and the delegates will continue to work on their ongoing projects.
Note: To be certified by Oxon Global and NAHE, attendance and participation along with completion of all coursework is required in all three modules. After completion of all three modules, a thorough course analytics will be performed in the upcoming weeks.
Modules Topics and Themes
- What is leadership?
- The role of the leader
- Motivating and engaging
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Communication effectiveness
- Managing performance
- Managing conflict
- Managing change
- The role of the leader in transformation
- Organizational culture
- Project Management
- The concept of Project Management
- The core Project Management competencies
- Project Management challenges
- Methods for approaching complex decisions
- What is portfolio management and its benefits?
- How Project Management applies in their own work context
- The concept of Strategy
- Impact of external forces on the firms plans and the challenges faced by the management
- Strengths of competitors & drivers of market competition
- Review of organizations core capabilities
- Aligning of CEO 's vision with the firm's available resources
- Strategic position of the firm against the competition
- Developing and deploying growth strategies
- Tuesday – Friday (1:50 – 4:50 PM) from July 27 to Aug 13, 2021 (12 hours per week of synchronous engagement)
- Online Assessment: 2 hours
- Gerard Newman, CEO and Partner, Oxon Global: Gerard has over 30 years consulting experience, most recently as a Partner in the UK Firm of PwC. During his time with PwC, Gerard set up the Oracle systems delivery practice and led the practice in the UK and EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region. He also sat on the leadership teams for Finance and Technology in PwC in the UK and led the development of the Major Programs proposition within PwC globally, working with Oracle Corporation and the University of Oxford. Gerard has led many large complex transformational projects in the UK, Europe and internationally, for different organisations, environments and across different cultures.
- Ali Ehsan, Founding Partner, Oxon Global: Ali is an experienced industry professional and has worked as a program management consultant, academic and an entrepreneur. Since 2015, he has been working with PwC, Oracle Corporation and faculty of Oxford University in UAE and Pakistan. His expertise is advising Government Ministries on efficient and effective management of Portfolio, Program and Projects. His academic area of specialisation is program management, business strategy and change management, and he has designed and delivered courses for Post and Undergraduate students, EMBA's, Senior Civil Servants, and Corporate Executives. In his entrepreneur role Ali has launched three start-ups including an international sports brand.
- Jerry Skorpil, Founding Partner, Oxon Global: Jerry has extensive experience in executing strategies and implementing business transformations developed through consulting across three continents. Over the years, Jerry has been responsible for managing a $140 million Fortune 100 corporate portfolio, managed a business transformation initiative portfolio of 70 projects to an on-time and on-budget completion, and optimized the supply chain by reducing the number of vendors and supplier price points. He has experience in optimal strategy execution, business transformation leadership and complex corporate portfolio management.
- Stephen Kane, Founding Partner, Oxon Global: Steve is an international executive with public/private sector consulting management, international operations experience and effective leadership skills. His experience provides him with knowledge of public and private sector business practices across a wide range of functional and industry standards. He has strong track record of business development and executive leadership team development across multiple geographic locations in Asia and the United States. Steve is well known for strategic and tactical problem-solving skills and is recognized for his expertise at increasing profitability, reducing overhead cost and delivering on impactful strategic consulting engagements and organizational objectives.
All participants who successfully complete the coursework and obtain more than 50% overall grade will be certified by NAHE and Oxon Global. Others will receive a certificate of participation.