Graduation status of successful IPFP Phase II fellows can be verified online by universities by clicking here and entering their CNIC number.
IPFP (Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs) Program was initiated by HEC in
2009, both to provide employment to fresh PhDs, and support universities
in attracting qualified faculty. IPFP provides all Pakistani fresh PhD
graduates an opportunity to be placed as Assistant Professors on a
tenure track system for a period of one year. Under HEC rules, the host
institutions are required to advertise corresponding faculty positions
and afford an opportunity to IPFP scholars to compete for positions.
Since 2009, HEC has placed around 4,300 fresh PhDs in the IPFP Programme
in universities. A recent review of the program has shown that the
program was successful in placing about three-quarters (74.64 per cent)
of the participants in long-term faculty positions (in the same or other
universities). Of the remaining one-quarter of the participants, about
half dropped out before the conclusion of the program (presumably to
pursue other career choices), while the other half have faced delays in
finding suitable permanent positions.
However, because of the increase in the number of PhD holders, there is
growing demand for such interim opportunities. Meeting the expanded
demand at current rates of remuneration would be unviable, especially
under the current financial constraints. The financial crisis has also
forced universities to cut down on recruitment of new faculty, which
adds to the pressure.
The challenge requires fresh thinking, including on the contours of the
IPFP program. Accordingly, HEC has reviewed the IPFP policy, and
proposed significant changes, both to be able to expand the size of the
program within the existing budget, and to ensure that it helps support
longer-term career plans of the participants
in view current pandemic situation and to save the precious time of the
applicants, National Academy of Higher Education (NAHE) started online
training from May 2020 that will be ended November/December 2020. The
Cohorts have been devised in the light of results of applicants
- So Far NAHE has trained and provided
list of 326 successful IPFP Fellows in three Cohorts. Evaluation of
Cohort IV is under process.
- HEC has circulated the profiles of 326 IPFP Fellows among Public Sector Universities of Pakistan who have completed One Month NAHE training successfully.
has processed the offer letter and forwarded to universities whose
'Consent forms have been received from the universities.
has processed and released the stipend of Cohort I & II
participants. The stipend of Cohort-III is under process that will be
received by the participants till First week of November 2020.
is issuing offer letter against valid consents forms received from
universities and quarterly salary has also been released against the
IPFP Fellows whose joining have been received.
- NFDP training of cohort IV's IPFP fellows was completed and e-certificates were given to all successful fellows on October 26, 2020.
- NAHE has successfully trained 486 IPFP fellows in four cohorts beginning from April till October.
- Salaries for the next quarterly instalment of IPFP fellows (who were placed after the receipt of their joining letter) have been processed for disbursement.
- NAHE is actively issuing offer letters against valid consent forms for cohort IV graduates.
- Stipend to attend training for cohort IV fellows has been processed and will be released soon.
- Information about IPFP Phase III application will be released in due time. We appreciate your patience in the meanwhile.