Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: What is SFS and who are eligible for Admission under SFS?

Ans:  The Self Finance Scheme with limited number of seats in the disciplines of Medicine (MBBS), Dentistry (BDS), Pharmacy (Pharm-D) and B.Sc. Engineering envisages to facilitate both foreign as well as Pakistan origin dual nationality holder students, for their admission in universities/institutions of Pakistan.  A foreign student/Pak Origin having dual nationality with his/her HSSC or equivalent qualification is eligible to apply. the applicant having Punjab Province domicile (Pak origin/dual nationality) are not eligible for MBBS and BDS under this scheme as the Govt. of the Punjab has withdrawn the seats of MBBS and BDS from this scheme of HEC.

Q2: What is the required qualification for admission under SFS?
Ans: For admission in the any discipline under SFS, a candidate must have passed FSc / HSSC, A-Level or equivalent examination with a minimum of 70 percent marks for MBBS/BDS and 60 % marks for Pharm-D & BSc (Engineering). Candidates having higher qualifications are not given any preference.

Q3: Is there any Entrance Test for admissions?
Ans: No, but the candidate must have passed Regional Entrance Test or SAT-II or Foreign MCAT, details of which are as under:

  1.  For admission in MBBS/BDS, the student must have secured atleast 70% marks in provincial/regional admission test OR passed SAT-II examination with minimum 550 marks in each of the three subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics OR Foreign MCAT with minimum aggregate score of 500 
  2. Valid TOEFL or IELTS with score of 500 or 5.5. (not applicable for those students whose medium of instruction is English at HSSC level).

Q4: When are the SAT-II and Entrance Test are offered? How does a student apply? 

 Ans:  SAT –II is the official tests offered by College Board. Schedule of the test and other details are given at their website For the Detail/Schedule of Entry Test, please visit the website of concerned university/Institute. For Medical/Dental Colleges of KPK, For Medical/Dental Colleges of Sindh, and

Q5: How the merit is determined for admission under SFS?

Ans: Merit for students for MBBS/ BDS will be determined as per following formula:

​HSSC or Equivalent
50 %
​Admission Test Score / SAT-II or Foreign MCAT
​50 %

Merit for Pharm-D and B.Sc (Engg)  is 100 % in HSSC or equivalent qualifcation in the form of equivalence certificate issued by Inter Boad Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) Pakistan.

Seats to the eligible foreigners are offered keeping in view the number applications received from each country.

Q6: What are the essential documents required to apply for the admission under SFS?

Ans: Attested photocopies of following documents are mandatory, without these document the admission will not be confirmed.

  1. Foreign Passport
  2. Equivalence Certificate issued by IBCC or detailed Mark Certificate of FSc (Pre-Medical/Engineering as the case may be).
  3. Proof  of Pak-Origin (if applicable) / CNIC Card Issued by NADRA
  4. Result of SAT-II / Foreign MCAT or Regional Entry Test Result.
  5. NOC issued by the home country for studying in Pakistan. (not applicable to Pak – Origin).

Q7:  I am not a Pak Origin whether I can submit my equivalence certificate after arrival in Pakistan.
Ans: Yes, you can submit your Equivalence Certificate after arrival in Pakistan. But IBCC Equivalence is must for studying in Pakistan (if you have studied from abroad).


Q8: When does the admission process starts?

Ans: Application invited after an advertisement through website and national newspapers of Pakistan.

Q9:  I am an Overseas Pakistani and does not possess any foreign nationality but I have a Permanent Resident Card/Green Card. Can I apply for admission Under SFS?

Ans: No. If you don't have the foreign nationality of the country you are living in, you cannot apply for admission against seats reserved for foreign candidates. You can apply on open merit seats directly to the concerned institute, if you have a domicile of concerned province a a local student. You can contact Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) for guidence by visiting at

Q10:  I am a Foreign applicant of Pak Origin having the domicile of KPK. Can I get admission in any medical / dental college of the Punjab or Sindh?

Ans:  Under SFS you are eligible to get admission in any province of Pakistan where the seats are reserved under SFS. You can mention your priorities in the application form. The Govt. of the Punjab has withdrawn their seats of MBBS & BDS under this scheme. 

Q11: I am a foreign student having dual nationality. How can I get admission against foreign seats reserved under Pakistan Technical Assistance Program (PTAP)?

Ans: Admissions under PTAP are administered by the Economic Affairs Division, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad. You are advised to contact:

Economic Affairs Division
Room No.505, Block-C
Pakistan Secretariat, Islamabad.
Tel: 0092-51-9211822, 9201868
Fax: 0092-51-9211822

Q12: I want to apply for admission in a Private Medical/Dental College, do I still send my application to HEC?

Ans: No, HEC only process the admission in public sector medical colleges under Self Finance Scheme. For admission in a private medical/dental college you need to apply directly to the concerned college/institution.

Q13: I have done A-level or 12th Grade etc. How can I get my equivalence?

Ans: There is an organization Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC), which recognizes and issues equivalence to candidates who have passed A-Level or 12th Grade or any other examination equivalent to F.Sc (Pre-Medical/Engineering etc.). It is the responsibility of the candidates to settle their cases with IBCC and should get their equivalence certificate from IBCC, Islamabad only for recognition of their qualifications. The EQUIVALENCE CERTIFICATE issued by the IBCC enables HEC to determine eligibility and prepare merit list for admission under SFS.

For further information, you should contact:

Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen, (IBCC)
Tel: 092-51-9101170,9235020
Fax: 092-51-9250451

Q14: How I can get more information about admissions under the SFS? 

Ans: You may send an email on the following addresses:

Q15:  Can you send me some additional brochure materials about the Scheme

Ans:  No, we do not send any additional brochure materials - we post all information on the website, both to ensure its most up-to-date, and also to be more "green" and limit our paper consumption. 

Q16: When and how will I be informed about the decision of my selection under SFS?

Ans: The selected candidates will be informed via email and merit lists are also uploaded at our website link at