All the general queries have been addressed below about scholarships for Postgraduate Program, if you do not find answers to your questions from the following, please send us an email at email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. My domicile is other than FATA/Balochistan. Am I eligible to apply?
No, only applicants having domicile/local certificate of Balochistan and Erstwhile FATA are eligible to apply.
2. What is Balochistan IN/OUT and FATA IN/OUT?
The applicants who have studied at F.Sc (Intermediate level) in the institutions located within the districts of Balochistan or Agency or FRs of Erstwhile FATA fall under the category BALOCHISTAN IN and FATA IN respectively. Those who have studied at F.Sc (Intermediate level) in the institutions outside Balochistan and Erstwhile FATA/FRs fall under BALOCHISTAN OUT and FATA OUT category respectively.
3. What's the distribution of scholarships for Balochistan IN/OUT and FATA IN/OUT?
Balochistan IN & FATA IN : 90 % scholarships
Balochistan OUT & FATA OUT : 10 % scholarships
90% scholarships will be awarded on population basis to those students, who have done FA/FSc/I.Com/A Level or equivalent from the districts / agencies / FRs of Erstwhile FATA and Balochistan and they will fall under category FATA IN and Balochistan IN.
10% scholarships will be awarded for Balochistan OUT and FATA OUT Category.
4. If I have already cleared the NTS/GAT Test (or any other entry Test), would it be required to appear in the HEC Test for this Scholarship?
Yes, it is mandatory for every applicant to appear in the test after advertisement, conducted by HEC for award of Postgraduate scholarships.
5. What is the maximum age limit for Postgraduate program?
Maximum age limit for Postgraduate program is 35 years on closing date of advertisement. No age relaxation will be allowed.
6. What is the Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Program?
- Applicant must possess Domicile/Local Certificate from Balochistan Province/erstwhile FATA.
- Candidates must have completed 16 years education with at least 60% marks.
- Maximum age is 35 years as on Closing Date.
- Candidates must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date.
- The candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- The candidates will have to meet HEC and University criteria for admission in MS/M.Phil programs.
7. Can I get admission in any University / Institute of Pakistan?
No, scholarship will be awarded to candidates for Postgraduate studies in only HEC recognized Public/Private Sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutes of Pakistan.
8. Can I send my application through courier or submit by hand?
Only online applications are acceptable. Applications submitted in hard form will not be entertained.
9. I am waiting for my BS/BSc (Hons)/MA/MSc (16 Years Education) result, Am I eligible to apply?
No, as mentioned in advertisement, applicant must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date. Result awaiting students are not eligible to apply.
10. What is the duration of scholarship?
Duration of the scholarship for Postgraduate degree is 1 year extendable up to 2 years maximum as per the program enrolled subject to satisfactory academic performance.
11. Is there any scholarship application processing fee?
The applicants are required to deposit Rs.500/- (Nonrefundable) as application fee in HBL Account Number A/C No. 1742-79001334-01. Applicant must keep the original deposit slip safe for future requirement.
12. What kind of expenses are covered under the Postgraduate Program?
Scholarships Program Covers: (Batch-IV)
- Tuition Fee and other charges including Hostel Fee up to Rs.60,000 per semester/year.
- Living Allowance of Rs. 9,000 per month with an annual increment of Rs. 500 for 2nd year.
- Book Allowance of Rs. 6,000 per Annum.
- Traveling Allowance of Rs. 5,000 per Annum.
- Initial Settlement Allowance of Rs. 10,000 (Once during total study period).
13. How candidates will be shortlisted & what is the criteria?
Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of Aptitude Test Score (conducted by HEC) and Academic Credentials Scores. Academic record will be given 50% weightage and Aptitude test will be given 50% weightage for Postgraduate Program.
14. I have done O-levels & A-levels, do I need IBCC equivalence certificate?
Yes, equivalence certificates will be required for the award of scholarship.
15. What is the distribution of scholarships for Balochistan & FATA?
The scholarship distribution ratio for the students of Balochistan & FATA is 50:50.
16. I am already availing financial assistance/scholarship from university/institution. Am I eligible for this scholarship?
No, the students already availing financial assistance/scholarship from any universities/institutions are not eligible to apply.