The LCF is a competitive research grant that supports a portfolio of projects having proposed research ideas for possible solutions to local core issues identified by a university with the help of provincial government and local research centers.
- To support cross-disciplinary research projects that address any of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at district level.
- To strengthen the local university research capacity and to contribute to the research mission of host institution in solving local issues.
- Expected No. of Grants: 15 per year
- Max Project Duration: 3 years
- Individual Grant Value: Rs. 7.5 – 100 million