Higher Education Commission of Pakistan is offering a six month research fellowship abroad to those students who are enrolled in full time PhD programs in Pakistan. This is providing exposure to the PhD scholars which will enhance the quality of research that they will be conducting in Pakistan. This opportunity also provides to develop linkages between Pakistani and foreign institutions.
The objectives of the program are:
- To enhance the quality of doctoral research in Pakistan.
- To create a critical mass of highly qualified manpower that could contribute towards the development of Pakistan.
- To facilitate assimilation, absorption and transfer of important and promising scientific and technological knowledge information to achieve repaid economic progress.
- To provide opportunities to doctoral students for training/ research work at advanced research labs of reputed universities abroad and to interact with foreign scientist working at frontiers of knowledge.
- To explore avenues for further collaboration internationally.
- To introduce Pakistani talent globally.
- To disseminate information about research in Pakistan.
- To bring standard of doctoral research at par with international standards.